Saturday, December 26, 2015

Ways I Am Thankful For My Mother-In-Law

After reading this post, I remembered thinking around Thanksgiving in what ways I’m thankful for my mother-in-law.
Don’t get me wrong, sometimes she is scary. I think she is like my mother in that, most of the time she lets us do what we want but there is a line you really don’t want to cross. If you cross that line, you better be ready for a thunder and lightening to strike you.

National Museum at Warsaw

But here is a list of things I’m thankful for my mother-in-law:


  1. Being frank - After I got married, she told me what relationship she had with her mother-in-law and that she liked it, letting me know what to expect. And at any point in time, she will tell me what she is thinking, even if I might not necessary like it.
  2. House-keeping tips, especially cooking tips - I should have learned from my mother when I could but did not. Hence, small questions like ‘how do I dissolve the buttermilk powder without clumps’ can be texted to get a quick answer.
  3. Since my father-in-law and my husband are alike in many ways, we can share laughter and eye-rolling at their expense.
  4. I tend to shield my own mother from bad news. I don’t want her worrying about me on the other side of the earth, not being able to do anything. But I can let my mother-in-law know and get the weight off my chest.
  5. When I stay at their (in-laws’) house, I can go back to being a kid, meaning I don’t have to worry about what to do next, what we should eat next, etc; I can be carefree letting her take the reins. I just need to voice which options I like and help out. It’s really relaxing.
So I am very thankful for my mother-in-law.




I cook most of the meals but I don’t create recipes. I rely on recipes on the web and books. So to pay tribute to all the food bloggers and people who contribute recipes out there, I’m  posting recipes that I’ve recently tried and liked.
In the past few days I’ve made:

If you have a husband like mine who does not like bitter greens, you might want to try these, my husband liked them:

No comments:

Post a Comment