Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Failure of Criminal Justice System

I worked in a prison for a while. While there, I saw many men in their 20s incarcerated. Most of them already have been in and out of juvenile court system. I found many of them as pleasant, appreciative, respectful ‘kids’ (given my age). It disturbed me.

One day my co-worker advised one of them that he needs to get a work and straighten out his life. His reply was that once you have a criminal record, it’s hard to get a job.

It is most likely true. 


So what are we doing with these children? They must have done something wrong to end up in the juvenile system. But are we branding them as ‘criminals’ for life so they get no chance to lead a better life? Is this the purpose of incarcerating them? How can they right their lives if they can’t get a job?






I cook most of the meals but I don’t create recipes. I rely on recipes on the web and books. So to pay tribute to all the food bloggers and people who contribute recipes out there, I’m  posting recipes that I’ve recently tried and liked.
In the past few days I’ve made:

No comments:

Post a Comment